1. Information about the procurement
ICT Solution: Digitalization of the medical chain
End-to-end solution for an integrated healthcare system, including:
- sensors and wearables for monitoring patients,
- AI and ML to identify the need of treatment and the hospital capability to provide it without delays (especially in circumstances of calamity and injured military teams), and
- cybersecurity of the operational platform ensuring data protection.
The Dutch Ministry of Defence needs an end-to-end solution for the healthcare chain, including sensors and wearables in an integrated system, by which the patients requiring treatment can be effectively transferred (using medical information) to available hospitals in the region (in the military field and civil hospitals) for the specific treatment.
The solution will decrease costs due to the timely identification of emergencies and available hospitals and specialists, particularly in calamities or catastrophes. It will increase the efficiency to provide treatment without waiting lists, and to also increase the chances of survival of injured (military teams). The solution can have a dual use (military and civil healthcare system) to improve the transfer and treatment of patients who require medical services, enabling the protection of data.
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Sensors and wearables
- Network and information security