1. Information about the procurement
ICT solution: Intelligent Service for Management and Production of Laundry
(Servicio Inteligente De Gestión y Producción de Lavandería y Lencería – SIGLA)
The Hospital Lozano Blesa of Zaragoza (HCULB) required an intelligent service for the management and production of laundry. Given the physical and technical obsolescence of the main equipment which had been in constant use for more than 25 years, this included the renovation of facilities and improvement of existing processes (see: http://www.hcuz.es/web/guest/cpi).
The objectives were to:
- Create a laundry system based on ICT (identification, classification and generation of users data and reports). This system needed to allow at least the automatic classification and processing of the information and the generation of data, users, and reports.
- Increase washed and processed clothes by 50%.
- Improve the efficiency of the process (energy, water, soap, etc., consumption) lowering costs per kg in 20%.
- Ensure hygiene and disinfection with maximum error of 0.1%.
- Minimise labour risks.
- Improve cloth management with stock control with 15% max discrepancy.
- Make it easy to change uniforms for all staff without number limitation or schedule changes.
The solution sought should involve maximum traceability and information management, both in the washing and distribution processes, and in the identification system used for personal clothing. In addition to the technological innovation, HCULB sought the improvement of working conditions and reduction of risks inherent in these activities. The solution was intended to reduce the current total costs of the service aiming for greater efficiency, capacity and automation of part of the facilities.
The “Intelligent Service of Management and Production of Laundry” (SIGLA) was expected to improve services including (but not limited to):
- Reception, sorting, washing and drying process.
- Automated storage and dispensing of laundry.
- System of information and integral control of laundry processes.
- All tasks and structural modifications necessary for the operation of the above.
- The intelligent laundry service required an ICT solution for the identification and classification of the different items, as well as the generation of users’ data and reports.
- The successful tenderer had to ensure the renewal and / or technological upgrade, as well as the incorporation of new technologies during the term of the contract.