1. Information about the procurement
ICT Solution: Voice Recognition and Response
Air Traffic Control the Netherlands (Luchtverkeersleiding Nederland – LVNL) aims to emulate the tasks of pilots for the training of air traffic controllers in the Basic, Tower and AAA simulators. A voice recognition and response system can improve efficiency and effectiveness in training air traffic controllers. This will have a reduction in costs of staff, while enhancing functionalities required to achieve fidelity and flexibility in complex training scenarios. Given the demand of air traffic controllers (in a context of 120 starts and landings per hour, 2 per minute) a more efficient training process will have an impact in the provision of ATC services.
- Make it possible for (student) controllers to train anytime they want, to achieve planning and logistics flexibility.
- Provide an easy interface to start and stop an exercise and start/stop the voice recognition system, for ease of use and high responsiveness.
- Obtain a voice recognition model that understands up to 97% or more of the commands/instructions that are made, for high accuracy and interpretation.
- Implement a voice recognition system that is able to run an exercise as good as a pseudo pilot would do it, so the student controllers can reach their learning goals, which could be measured in high effectiveness and efficiency.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning