1. Information about the procurement
ICT Solution: Muntstroom Living Lab
The project Muntstroom Living Lab aims to measure, visualize and influence multi-modal people flow on, around and under the Brussels’ Place de la Monnaie / Muntplein (outdoor and indoor). Planned under the Belgian digital/ICT strategy, the Muntstroom Living Lab is one of the first steps towards a common Mobility as a Service (MaaS) platform for the Brussels Capital Region (BCR).
- The development of Belgian Smart Mobility-solutions is supported by both the federal ministries for Mobility and Digital Agenda
- The development of a MaaS-applications is one of the recommendations of the Regional Mobility Plan “Good Move”
- Developing indoor mapping is supported by the Brussels Regional Informatics Centre via their UrbIS mobile (outdoor / indoor) initiative.
- Developing knowledge on Innovative Procurement is one of the strategic actions in the Regional Innovation Plan 2016-2020 of Innoviris, the Brussels Institute for the encouragement of scientific research.
Public transport operator STIB-MIVB will be procuring for a consortium of 4 public partners:
- Public transport operator STIB-MIVB
- The Brussels Regional Informatics Centre
- The authority Brussels Mobility
- Parking Brussels
Sensor-data for positioning and routing (indoor and outdoor) to influence behaviour using Internet of Things (IoT) solutions combined with Machine Learning (AI) on real-time data in a geospatial context.